Member-Driven Business Networking
Rob Case – Epic Brokers
1) Yes, Networking is awkward sometimes. Embrace it, Practice it. It does get easier..
2) Personal Integrity- Have strong ethical business principles and values.
3) Help Others- Give free advice
4) Be Genuine-
5) Find out about others people’s businesses- I personally can’t do a good job for a client if I don’t find out about how they work, etc.
a. Oscar Wilde said “My own business always bores me to death; I prefer other people’s”
6) Think of Networking as Farming, Not Hunting..
a. Be in it for the long haul. Cultivate relationships.
Other Articles by
Always Be Closing? No – Always Be Connecting!
Back to School: Refreshing Networking Best Practices This Fall
Networking in the Digital Age